What is the relationship between mind and matter? Materialism holds that the mental is a product of the physical – the mind is what the brain does. By contrast, dualist accounts are consistent with our common sense notion that the mental is fundamentally different from the physical. How much does a thought weigh? a dualist … Read more
- 556,786 hits
Eternally Relevant Posts
- Prayer: How to do nothing and still think you're helping
- What is the point of the Grade Point Average?
- The snakefish: A concerning ecological threat (Updated with picture; Updated again: the snakefish may have been over-sensationalized)
- Materialism and Dualism: What is the Relationship Between Mind and Matter?
- Clearwater, Florida: The town Scientology bought
- 11-year-old dies because parents refused medical treatment, going instead with prayer
- Break the cycle of circular religious reasoning
- Atheists no longer the most despised group in America. Thanks, Scientology!!
- The Cult of Scientology's way of dealing with protesters: Bull baiting and the manufacturing of crimes
- Moses was very probably high on psychedelic drugs, says Cognitive Psychologist
- Toronto area Church declares "Lying in bed shouting Oh God doesn't constitute going to church"
- A Skeptic's Testimonial on Mindfulness Meditation
- virility ex affiliate program on The short-comings of every theist argument that I have ever heard, and the one type of case that gives me some pause
- Anonymous on Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers, Scientology is a Cult
- what is phlebotomy technician salary on Where does “spam” come from?
- Anonymous on Are Creationists retarded? No…
- sales management on 7chan accuses Cult of Scientology of attacking Epilepsy forum
- fitness on 15% of American Atheists and Agnostics Believe That Jesus Was Born of a Virgin?!?!
- Sinjin Smythe on Break the cycle of circular religious reasoning
- natural male enhancement foods on The short-comings of every theist argument that I have ever heard, and the one type of case that gives me some pause
- Nigel on The short-comings of every theist argument that I have ever heard, and the one type of case that gives me some pause
- bluehost coupons on Ben Stein is Sexpelled: No Intercourse Allowed (Expelled parody)
- Anonymous on Is the term “Canadian” the new code word for racist references to black people?
- stephany williams on Moses was very probably high on psychedelic drugs, says Cognitive Psychologist
- Infinite Force on Is Evolution “just a theory”, a scientific theory, or a fact?
- Vladimir on A Skeptic’s Testimonial on Mindfulness Meditation
- Litesp33d on Prayer: How to do nothing and still think you’re helping