According to Hebrew University (Jerusalem) cognitive psychologist Benny Shanon, Moses was very probably under the influence of psychedelic drugs when he heard God deliver the Ten Commandments and when he saw the burning bush. In a study published in the Time and Mind Journal of Philosophy, Shanon says that such mind-altering substances played an integral … Read more
- 557,022 hits
Eternally Relevant Posts
- What is the point of the Grade Point Average?
- Prayer: How to do nothing and still think you're helping
- The snakefish: A concerning ecological threat (Updated with picture; Updated again: the snakefish may have been over-sensationalized)
- Clearwater, Florida: The town Scientology bought
- 11-year-old dies because parents refused medical treatment, going instead with prayer
- A Skeptic's Testimonial on Mindfulness Meditation
- Materialism and Dualism: What is the Relationship Between Mind and Matter?
- Why are they dead? The mysterious deaths of Scientologists
- Manufacturers of the Q-Ray Bracelet are being sued for fraud
- Magic mushrooms inspire 'spiritual' experiences. The role of this finding in assessing the claims of organized religion.
- Are Creationists retarded? No...
- The impact of language on cognition: New findings
- Joyce on The short-comings of every theist argument that I have ever heard, and the one type of case that gives me some pause
- Shannyn on The Purpose of the Blog
- virility ex affiliate program on The short-comings of every theist argument that I have ever heard, and the one type of case that gives me some pause
- Anonymous on Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers, Scientology is a Cult
- what is phlebotomy technician salary on Where does “spam” come from?
- Anonymous on Are Creationists retarded? No…
- sales management on 7chan accuses Cult of Scientology of attacking Epilepsy forum
- fitness on 15% of American Atheists and Agnostics Believe That Jesus Was Born of a Virgin?!?!
- Sinjin Smythe on Break the cycle of circular religious reasoning
- natural male enhancement foods on The short-comings of every theist argument that I have ever heard, and the one type of case that gives me some pause
- Nigel on The short-comings of every theist argument that I have ever heard, and the one type of case that gives me some pause
- bluehost coupons on Ben Stein is Sexpelled: No Intercourse Allowed (Expelled parody)
- Anonymous on Is the term “Canadian” the new code word for racist references to black people?
- stephany williams on Moses was very probably high on psychedelic drugs, says Cognitive Psychologist
- Infinite Force on Is Evolution “just a theory”, a scientific theory, or a fact?